|ABOUT US||CORRESPONDENCE COURSE||PROGRAMME SCHEDULE||RBI||BANK LINKS||CONTACT US|
Bankers Training Institute conducts training programmes to prepare the bank staff for promotion to various cadres up to Asstt Gen. Manager (SMG V). The institute has been promoted by Shri A.K. Gupta who left PNB as Chief Manager after having experience as banker for more than 28 years (12 years as faculty member) and is a highly qualified banker.
1. Shri A.K. Gupta is a post graduate in commerce, LL.B, CAIIB, PG Dip in Personnel Management and IR, PG Dip in Marketing and Management,
PG Diploma in Training and Development, Certificate in Industrial Finance
2. Ex- Chief Manager, Punjab National Bank with an experience of more than 28 years as a banker
3. Experience of more than 12 years in training in the bank’s training college (Principal for 5 years); has helped thousands of bankers up to scale V in their banking career.
4. Author of IMPACT’Guide to Bank Promotions
5. Has been examiner with Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (IIBF, Mumbai) for about 5 years. Has been teaching Financial Management and Management Accounting and Commercial Law in the classes conducted by the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance.
6. After having left bank as chief manager, at the age of 48 years, remained associated with number of leading management institutions at MBA level including Masters of Finance, University of Delhi, International Management Institute etc teaching subjects like Management of Banks, Financial Services, Financial Management, Merchant Banking, Banking Law & Practice.
7. Conducted programmes in the area of Asset Liability Management and Credit risk management for top management executives in the rank of Chief General Manager/General Manager/DGM/ AGMs of SIDBI, Central Bank of India, Dena Bank, Punjab & Sind Bank
8. Has been visiting faculty to training colleges of several banks like PNB, NIBSCOM (joint college of Oriental Bank of Commerce, PSB and J&K Bank), Canara Bank, UCO Bank, Bank of India etc
9. He was incharge of Economic Intelligence Cell in PNB for 5 years and the job involved analysis of monetary & credit policies of RBI, analysis of Govt. policies and Budget; tracking Banking and Economy related developments; He was Senior Manager incharge of Asset Liability Management Cell for 2 years
10. Besides attending several programmes at NIBM and BTC(RBI), he was a student of University of Manchester for 3 months for an advanced programme in Development Banking.
11. Number of articles and case studies authored by him have appeared in Economic Times, Financial Express, PNB Monthly Review, Vikalpa (Journal of IIM Ahmedabad), The Banker, Indian Banking Today and Tomorrow, Indian Management (Journal of AIMA). He presented papers at Bank Economists Conferences.